Country Christmas Shop
Open Mon 24 October – Thurs 22 December 2022
9.30am – 5pm
(No entry charge)
From the outside, Blackthorpe Barn may appear old and dark, but on the inside you are transported into a warm, delicious world of festive delights in the Country Christmas Shop.
The Christmas at Blackthorpe Barn festival begins each year in late October, with the re-opening of this magical shop and the nearby Courtyard Café, offering homemade, tasty treats.
The Country Christmas Shop has everything needed to make your Christmas extra special, from candles, decorations, lighting, wreaths, aromatics and wrap, to interesting and wonderful gifts for all. Many items are handmade, which contributes to the air of unique splendour and magic that envelopes you as you absorb the Christmassy loveliness before your eyes.
The Blackthorpe Barn Christmas Shop oozes sophistication. Be amazed by the creativity and attention to detail dedicated to each of the themes such as Nordic Yuletide, Peacock Garden, Snow Queen, Pantomime, Imperial Russian, Midas Touch, Magical Woodland and Festive Fizz.
Each theme offers an elegance of its own, with a stunning collection of individual pieces that can be used as an exclusive colour palette or mixed and matched to create your own unique blend of Christmas delights.
We stock fair-trade decorations, supporting small communities in the third world, as well as British-made products.
For those who like to make and/or bake at Christmas, the shop offers an extensive range of glitter, ribbons, paper and scissors as well as ready-made craft kits, and Christmassy food and food-and-drink-based items such as tea towels, cookie cutters and nut crackers.
If you’d like to try your hand at making something with in-person instruction, why not try one of our craft workshops held in the nearby Meadow Barn barn?
Gifts for Everyone
The shop has gifts galore, so you can choose that perfect, yet slightly different present; we have wide selections for men and for furry friends too.
If you are looking for something extra special, unique and hand-crafted gifts are available from craft-makers attending Crafts at Blackthorpe Barn, open on 6 weekends over November and December in the old threshing barn, alongside the Christmas Shop.
Everything you need for Christmas
The Country Christmas Shop is open every day during the Christmas period, 10am – 5pm.
Parking and disabled access parking is free, next to the Barn, with spaces for 380 vehicles.
From mid November, real, freshly-cut Rougham Estate Christmas trees are available and as Christmas approaches, real artisan wreaths and decorations are for sale too.
In the Country Christmas Shop you’ll find a haven filled with everything Christmassy!
• Advents • Angels • Baubles • Candle rings • Candles • Card holders • Crackers • Cuddly toys • Foliage • Garlands • Gift Tags • Gingerbread decorations • Lanterns • LED lights • Lighting • Napkins • Ornaments • Present Sacks • Ribbons • Snow Globes • Stockings • Sweets • Tea-light holders • Tree toppers • Wrapping paper • Wreaths … and much, much more!
Virtual Tour of the Christmas Shop 2021
Adjustments to the Christmas Shop
- Please pay with a card if you possibly can; we will accept cash, but cards are safer for everyone
- If there is a short wait due to the shop already being full, please be patient and use the new covered waiting area
- At weekends we can get very busy and there is a new limit on the number of people that can safely be accommodated in the shop at any one time. This limit will be controlled by a helpful members of staff supervising the single entrance door and separate exit door
- When the limit is reached, those wishing to enter will have to wait a few minutes; we ask for patience and understanding here. We have created a new covered area to make this as comfortable as possible for you. Other entrances and exits to the shop will become fire exits only.
Comments from Christmas Shop Customers
“I go every year and the choices are amazing.” Jan Carter, Woodbridge
“It’s like an Aladdin’s cave, full of treasures” Heidi, Lavenham
“First visit, beautiful, magic – will come again” Carole, Rattlesden
“So hard to decide what to buy! Christmas heaven!!”
“It’s so so so Christmassy, love it here, wish I could live here!”
Introducing the Woodland Collection; Video Nov 2020
Samples from the Magical Woodland Collection, from November 2020, when the shop was online due to lockdown. The shop is no longer online, so come to Blackthorpe Barn to see the latest collections.