The Courtyard Café at Blackthorpe Barn
Courtyard – Fri / Sat / Sun 10am-4pm until Sunday 12 September
Courtyard Marquee – Monday 25 October until Wednesday 22 December, 10am-4pm
Escape from any hustle and bustle and enjoy a relaxing break at The Courtyard Café, just beside Blackthorpe Barn. Run by Liz at Karat Catering, and her friendly team, The Courtyard Café is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a bite to eat. It’s a destination renowned for serving delicious snacks and main dishes that showcase the best locally sourced seasonal ingredients, alongside delightful treats that really do taste as good as they look.
Plus, you can choose where to enjoy the peaceful setting, perhaps alfresco in the courtyard, in one of our chic chalets, or step inside our recently renovated barn – the choice is yours.
It’s perfectly located for anyone who has enjoyed a walk or bike ride through the surrounding countryside (click the link to suggested walks here) or for those just passing by (it is just off the A14) and, with plenty of undercover space, you and your furry friends can enjoy The Courtyard Café whatever the weather.
Once you have experienced the Courtyard Café, we are sure you will be back for more!
Our Chic Chalets
You can book our chalets for your own stylish get together, perhaps a luncheon or your very own tea party, please contact Liz on 07718 273733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Picnic with the Sunflowers (29 July-end of August)
Why not pop into The Courtyard Cafe and let Liz spice up your picnic with her handmade tasty treats, to take with you on your way to the Sunflower field where you can sit amongst the flowers or on the grass. It’s only 15 minutes on foot or 5 minutes by car. To discuss what food is on offer please contact Liz on 07718 273733 or email email@example.com
Our new Play Area
The new children’s play area is just a stroll away from the courtyard and is ready to be used when The Courtyard Cafe is open, which will make ‘coffee time’ much more interesting for the little ones (and for parents). We have three teepees, sand-pit, and ride-on tractors too, to keep the more active children entertained while the supervising adults get a moment to have their coffee, cakes, or other tasty treats – you deserve it!
- There is a new entrance to lead you to The Courtyard Café, so please follow the signs and use the new car park, please do not use the car park in front of the thatched barn.
- Our tables are available for groups of no more than 6 people and all tables are socially distanced. As it is outdoor or we have chalet and barn doors open you may want to bring along an extra layer or blanket, as we know the weather can sometimes get nippy.
- Please use the hand sanitiser, available in the courtyard and in the toilets.
- The Courtyard Café takes payment cards only (no cash).
- Dogs on leads are welcome, please remember your bags for accidents.