This year for the first time, we are offering families the chance to pick their own Christmas tree from the plantations near the Barn.
£10 > Choose > Collect & Pay
Sat 16 & Sun 17 November
Sat 23 & Sun 24 November 2019
10am – 3pm
£10. Pay in the shop upon arrival.
Everyone has their own idea of the perfect Christmas tree for them. What could be better than going into the plantation and choosing it for yourselves? You can wander through the thousands of trees of all varieties, shapes and sizes until you find the perfect one for you. It costs just £10 per tree to choose it in advance. It will be brought to the barn for you, wrapped and got ready for you to pay and collect on an agreed date nearer to Christmas.
How it works
- Visit our Country Christmas Shop to pay and collect your special labels.
- Walk round to the plantations which are situated close to the barn, where you will meet someone in our Christmas tree hut, who will show you where to go. This person will take your name and contact details and give you your map.
- When you have found your tree, tie the special label on the top so we can find the tree later on. You can also tie on a very special personal label with your children’s names on it at a height where you can see it properly and perhaps take a selfie with the tree?
- Mark on the map where your tree is located. Each area has a special number to write on the map too.
- Return the map with your name and collection details to the Christmas tree hut.
- Perhaps go to the Blackthorpe Barn café for a warming drink after all your efforts and choose a decoration or two to go on your new tree when it arrives.
- Head home in the knowledge that you are going to get the exact tree that you want to be the centrepiece of your Christmas festivities.
NB: For safety reasons, we cannot cut any trees in the plantations on days when the public are there and members of the public cannot cut trees themselves. The date when you choose your tree will be a week or two before you come to collect and pay for it.
Things to bring along on your adventure to choose your tree
- Warm and waterproof clothes. Tree branches can be very wet!
- Gloves. Some trees can be quite prickly!
- Sturdy footwear. The plantation may have mud and puddles.
- A tape measure to make sure that the tree is the perfect size to fit your house.
We can offer a tree delivery service if preferred. Depending on where you live affects the delivery cost. Please email Simon Eddell (Tree Manager) on email@example.com or ring a Christmas Shop staff on 01359 270880 for a quotation.
Rougham Estate is a proud member of the British Christmas Tree Growers Association.
In the Country Christmas Shop, we accept all major debit/credit cards inc. American Express, but we do not have a cashback facility.
The individual British Crafts stalls are all run separately. Payment arrangements for these vary so please be prepared to pay for some items with cash.