We are offering families the chance to pick their own Christmas tree from the plantation near the Barn.
£10 > Choose > Collect & Pay Tree Price
Sat 21 & Sun 22 November
Sat 28 & Sun 29 November 2020
10am – 3pm
£10. We will have an online booking system here soon.
Everyone has their own idea of the perfect Christmas tree for them. What could be better than going into the plantation and choosing it for yourselves? You can wander through the thousands of trees of all varieties, shapes and sizes until you find the perfect one for you. It costs just £10 per tree to choose it in advance. This is an addition to the normal cost of the tree. It takes some time to find your chosen tree in the plantation, cut it specially, wrap it, label it and reserve it for you. When you come to collect your tree on your chosen day it will be there ready and waiting for you to pay and take home.
How it works
- When the online booking system is in operation, book your timeslot and pay online in advance for picking your own tree.
- Arrive at Blackthorpe Barn at your chosen time and park in the second car park near the plantation, where you will see a banner and Christmas tree hut.
- Collect your special labels and map at the reception desk.
- When you have found your tree, tie the special label on the top so we can find the tree later on. You can also tie on a very special personal label with your children’s names on it at a height where you can see it properly and perhaps take a selfie with the tree?
- Mark on the map where your tree is located. Each area has a special number to write on the map too.
- Return the map with your name and collection details to the Christmas tree hut.
- Perhaps go to the Blackthorpe Barn café kiosk in the courtyard for a warming drink after all your efforts.
- Head home in the knowledge that you are going to get the exact tree that you want to be the centrepiece of your Christmas festivities.
NB: For safety reasons, we cannot cut any trees in the plantations on days when the public are there and members of the public cannot cut trees themselves. The date when you choose your tree will be a week or two before you come to collect and pay for it.
Things to bring along on your adventure to choose your tree
- Warm and waterproof clothes. Tree branches can be very wet!
- Gloves. Some trees can be quite prickly!
- Sturdy footwear. The plantation may have mud and puddles.
- A tape measure to make sure that the tree is the perfect size to fit your house.
We can offer a tree delivery service if preferred. Depending on where you live affects the delivery cost. Please email Simon Eddell (Tree Manager) on email@example.com or ring a Christmas Shop staff on 01359 270880 for a quotation.
Rougham Estate is a proud member of the British Christmas Tree Growers Association.
In the Christmas tree kiosk, we accept all major debit/credit cards inc. American Express, but we do not have a cashback facility and do not take cash either.