Arts & Crafts Nov-Dec 2022
Saturday and Sunday, on the weekends above
10am – 5pm
Arts & Crafts at Blackthorpe Barn
This six-weekend-long celebration of some of the best artisan craft in this country has been running for over 30 years, as part of the Christmas at Blackthorpe Barn festival.
Meet the Makers
Located inside the beautiful and vast 16th century thatched Blackthorpe Barn, and its adjoining spaces, the entire event offers bags of atmosphere, a sense of excitement and the rare thrill to see a consistency of quality at every turn. The carefully-selected makers are present themselves and creativity abounds throughout. Many of our wonderful makers come back year on year, and, of course, there are numerous new faces too, with a different selection of makers from week to week, whilst a core of other makers remain throughout.
Arts & Crafts at Blackthorpe Barn – the Christmas Market to visit!
Come and see some of the best craft-makers in the UK, with Blackthorpe Barn being listed in the top 8 Christmas markets in 2019 by the Crafts Council UK.
- Arts & Crafts at Blackthorpe Barn is held over 6 weekends during November and December
- Showcasing some of the country’s most talented artists and craft-makers
- Each maker is specifically chosen to ensure quality and a wide range of crafts
- Each weekend features a new mix of creators and artists at the Barn
- Including woven and knitwear designs and textiles, ceramics, glassware, metalware, wood creations, natural beauty products, leather items, jewellery, books, baskets and so much more
- Crafts is not open during the week, allowing the makers to continue practising their craft and making their wares on the weekdays
- The Country Christmas Shop and Courtyard Café are open at the same time
Small Entry Charge for Arts & Crafts
The cost of the maintenance of an ancient barn such as this one is considerable, so we make a small charge to every visitor, in order to distribute these costs over everyone who enters the event. The entrance fee also means we can keep the stall-holder fees down, allowing the makers to benefit more from the sale of their works.
Our entrance tickets are priced very modestly compared to most other craft shows of this calibre, so by paying the small fee, you are supporting both Suffolk heritage and the talented craft-makers. Thank you!
There is no cost to enter the Christmas Shop or other areas at Blackthorpe Barn.
Arts & CraftsFind your maker
Explore our list of makers and find that special gift for your loved onesLearn More